Coursework for Module 11
The Learning Environment in Early Childhood Education
In this module the student explores the child appropriate physical arrangements for indoors and outdoors. They examine educational material from different educational theories and consider the cultural and social importance while choosing the set up of a learning environment. This module also covers safety of equipment and the aesthetic aspects of educational material and the environment.
II. History of Early Childhood Learning Environments
III. NHE Learning Environment Design
- Children, Families and Community
- Building and Grounds
- The Natural World and Ecological Awareness
- Flexible Space –Indoors and Outdoors
- Educational Materials and Learning Centers
IV. Use of Learning Environment
V. Safety and Maintenance
VII. Course work
Competency in Setting up of a Neohumanist Learning Environment
- The student has a clear understanding of the elements of a design of a Neohumanist learning environment for Early Childhood.
- The student is able to set up a learning environment adjusting to the given circumstances and culture.
- Teacher: Arete Brim